30 June 2012

My Dog is a Jerkface

Sometimes I really think my dog is an asshole.

Maybe this is not an appropriate thing to say about one's dog. I mean, I love Maxie to bits, but some days I just want to kill him.

You see, my puppy is (typically) very predictable. He likes to wake up somewhere between 6:30 and 7:00 to have breakfast and go to the bathroom, and if that's too early for me, he's normally content to go right back to sleep after the fact. I'm an early bird anyway, so it doesn't really matter except when I have a late night and going to bed at 2:00 doesn't change his internal wake-up time.

But today, by golly, I was ready to strangle him.

First, he gets up at 5:00. I'm sorry, what? After being generally annoying and whining to get out of bed, I fed him, took him out, and carried him back to bed with me. Then he woke me up again at 6:30. And again at 7:00. In a last-ditch attempt to get some sleep, I let him off the bed. He then proceeded to kangaroo-jump at me to get my attention.

It was officially the worst night (errrm... morning) I've had with him since he was a baby and would freak out the entire night because he had to go pee every three hours.

In true asshole fashion, he is now sleeping on my lap while I still struggle to wake myself up with copious amounts of coffee.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact it's actually sunny today, and I don't have rollos to shield the sun from view. There may be truth to this, considering Maxie is normally happy to sleep forever if it's dark...

*************************

Dear Maxie,

I love you, but today you're annoying me.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment