19 June 2012

September 28, 2011

So… I was at Real yesterday, doing my regular grocery shopping. Shocker, right?
I went to go get some more Müsli, and rather than turning around to go down the next aisle, I decided to peruse the cereal aisle to see what they have.

My, oh, my!! Two surprises!!

SHREDDIES and FROOT LOOPS?!

I remember when I was living in Cologne in ‘07 and H. brought me Froot Loops from the army base in Stuttgart since I was so homesick for them. And now, it’s not just the knock-offs you can buy! Actual, real Froot Loops, for only 7,50€/kg! O_o

As if I couldn’t be any more surprised, I also found knock-off KRAFT DINNER. FFS, I had my mom send me a whack of it for my birthday. And now you can buy it in Real.

Where was I, exactly, when there was this magical transition from Germany, the Third World to Germany, North American Market?

Shreddies, Froot Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, KD, maple syrup…

The day they start selling OTC drugs, well, over-the-counter will mark the day I never actually need to leave Deutschland again.

I’m sure this isn’t a new thing, which begs the question — where have I been?!

No comments:

Post a Comment