19 June 2012

September 15, 2011

You see, I’m basically a crazy-head. Today, the zweite Belegungsphase starts at the Uni Köln, which is essentially just a mad rush to apply for over-filled courses you’ll never be accepted into anyway; which, after all, is completely okay, because you can just show up to the class anyway, and have the teacher add you onto the class list.

I never really understood how this whole thing had a point, to be honest. But whatever.

So, you see, my Master’s program has a very simple layout. Do seven classes the first semester, eight the next, and then four in the third semester.

I’m right on track.

And, if the profs are willing to be flexible enough with me for my modules to rearrange some things, I could technically have nine done this semester without any changes to my timetable.
What makes me crazy is not that I’m doing eight classes, but that my schedule is ridiculous. You see, I’m in school the entire day. So, rather than having four-hour blocks of time that don’t really permit me to go home in the first place, I’ve decided to fill up my timetable. I mean, if I’m at uni for ten to twelve hours a day anyway, I might as well do something productive, right?

Well… yeah, I guess.

But I officially have fifteen classes this upcoming semester. Granted, two of them are not really for “funsies” — read: Finnish and French lessons. But the others? US Constitutional Law and Federal Civil Procedure in the USA?

Who are those weirdos who take law classes for funsies because they don’t have anything better to do?

Oh, yeah. Me.

I’ve also got two or three block seminars to take care of this semester.

I’ll probably burn out pretty quickly, but hey… I welcome the change of pace after this summer break of trying to will myself to write essays on topics the professors chose that I don’t really care about.

We’ll see if I still feel the same way after October 17. (And yes, semester starts on October 10.) -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment