07 April 2013

BLIP: Just a Little Homesick

Of course the homesickness ebbs and flows, and the last few years, the homesickness has slowly but surely started to minimize itself. I've found, though, that I've been more homesick (read: reminiscent) than not these couple days.

Why do I wish I was in Canada?

-To wake up, drink a pot of coffee with one of those Irish Cream or French Vanilla Coffeemates for flavouring, preferably while watching the news and complaining about how the world is still going to hell in a handbasket.
-So I could go to the mall, just wander around and maybe hit up Chapters.
-After going to the mall I'd like to go to a run-of-the-mill generally crappy but totally homesick-inducing restaurant like Moxie's or Boston Pizza for some greasy/happy food.
-Drive home (holy moly I miss driving), blasting the music and singing along.
-And then watch whatever sport is on TV. The Oilers don't play tonight, so I wouldn't be able to watch them lose spectacularly (again), but I'd settle for pretty much anything right now.

And all of the above preferably with people who make me homesick and reminiscent in the first place. Otherwise, without the people, I'm pretty sure I could find reasonable substitutions here.

It's always the people I'm missing.

I keep waiting for things to get better, but it always keeps coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment