05 June 2013

Moving Again

Yeah, that's right -- unbelievable, eh? I'm preparing yet another move.

Despite all its challenges and tendency to be completely and utterly wasteful of energy and monetary resources, there's something liberating about picking up and moving again, something completely wonderful in the excuse to get rid of the old crap that's been broken/is no longer in use.

Today marks my one step down, one step to go in getting rid of all my useless, broken stuff.

After hemming and hawing for way too long about making an appointment for the Elektroschrott to be taken away, the appointment for the city to take away my crap is finally tomorrow. Not only is it somehow relieving to finally be able to get rid of the TV you accidentally broke a year ago when you let it fall down as you were moving furniture around, but also to finally be able to say good riddance to the microwave that started on fire that time you were melting butter.

I'm sure my friends -- who are kindly helping me move soon -- will be happy I lugged the heavy/awkward bulk out of my flat and onto the sidewalk by myself, since they're less than thrilled (I'm sure) that I've enlisted them to lug ten odd boxes of books to a new city as it is.

(Thanks in advance, friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment