03 April 2013

Hello, Lovelies!

I'm sure most of you guys know I'm a sucker for times past. For all the time I spend hopping from thing to thing, place to place, I'll be the first one to get all overly sentimental and have my eyes brimming over with tears at the memory of *all the good times*.

So anyhoo, today I went into the city centre to wander around since my semester breaks are usually good for little else than getting cabin fever from only going into the city on days I'm working. I wandered into Deichmann, and I saw some shoes which almost made me cry out with joy.



You see, I bought these shoes a number of years ago (probably around 2008-ish), and wore them until I literally wore the sole out and was walking around barefoot. And then I found them again today in the store (way to be trendy and current, Deichmann).

They were shoes I threw away with a heavy heart, so of course I figured they were worth the 16 yoyos of getting again, since I know I'll wear them. Also, 16 yoyos is completely reasonable for a pair of shoes, even if I'm probably too old to be wearing this sort of thing these days.

Every time I walk past them on the way to the kitchen, I smile at them. Yes, they're inanimate objects, and no, they're not the same ones that trekked through a number of mighty adventures with me, but my brain gets tricked just long enough to forget those things. And here I am, happy as a clam. Heck, just looking up at the picture as I write this post gives me butterflies in my tummy.

(Yeah, I'm a weirdo. Whatevs. At least I'm of the happy variety.)

No comments:

Post a Comment