15 October 2009

*Gobble Gobble*


Well, I have to say -- Thanksgiving was wonderful! We had a full house! Some of H.'s friends, our neighbours, and A. and her husband came. That was nine adults, two children, and two doggies! I mean, I know we've got a big place, but yeesh!

We spent a lot of the time playing Wii, just waiting for everyone to show up. After that, it was a lot of noise with the puppies and children running around (well, the one running child and the other puppy-fearing toddler)! The turkey was really good, and my first attempt at pumpkin pie turned out pretty decent as well. H. helped out a lot with everything else, which made the whole idea of dinner and entertaining much less stressful (which is a pain, seeing as I don't have a lot of experience with that sort of thing).

It was a good time, though, and I'm happy that so many people were willing to spend my Canadian holiday with me. There weren't even any wise-cracks made about Canadian Thanksgiving versus the American one. All in all, I feel so blessed that to have had such a good meal with such good people. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment